Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving to God

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I pray that everyone will remember what this day is all about...no, not the food. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pies are all wonderful, and we are most definately grateful, but we need to be grateful to God for our lives, and what we have. I was reminded about one aspect of Thanksgiving that most (including me) don't think about. A friend of mine gave a speech on the Pilgrims in Thanksgiving...and she compared us to the Pilgrims. Sure, we don't have wooden shoes or black pointy hats, but we are pilgrims all the same. We are called to be Pilgrims for the Lord. (Or, in other words, be a witness to the fallen in this world.) As my friend put it: When you think of the Pilgrims this Thanksgiving, don't forget to look in the mirror.

On a more "thanksgiving-ey" note, I am grateful and thankful for my family, their health, the friends God has blessed me with, the schooling oppurtunity I have down here in Southern California, the freedom we have in this country to worship the Lord and pray to Him, and most of all, my salvation. I am a worthless sinner, but God has saved me. That is the best gift anyone can recieve.

God bless, and have a wonderful thanksgiving! (And give thanks!)

In Christ,

Brooklin Nash

2 comments:

Confused said...

Hey, That's intresting.

I know who you are, lets see if you can figure out who i am. Go to Confused Homeshooler Chick.

Confused said...

Oh soryy i meant Life of a Confused Homeschooled Chick